The Group of Eight (Go8) has opened applications for its 2013 European Fellowships.
The Fellowships are open to early career researchers from Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Russia and Croatia. The Go8 European Fellowship scheme recognises the importance of international contacts for early career researchers. It is envisaged that Fellows will continue to collaborate with Australian research partners when they return to their home institutions.
You are eligible to apply to be a Fellow if you:
- have completed a PhD less than five years prior to application for the Fellowship;
- are under 40 years of age at the time of application;
- are a citizen of one of the designated countries listed above;
- reside in one of the designated countries listed above (it need not be the same country as your citizenship);
- have been employed (minimum half-time appointment) for at least six months prior to application by a university or research organisation (public or private) in one of the designated countries;
- have sufficient competency in English to be able to adequately communicate with researchers in their host university;
- are eligible to obtain an Australian Visiting Academic Visa (subclass 419) or equivalent Australian visa.
Each fellow will receive benefits worth up to $20,000 to travel to Australia in 2012 and work at a Go8 university for up to six months.
Applications close on 19 October 2012.
Detailed information for applicants is available at here.
Martin Grabert, Director, International & Business Relations
Tel: (02) 6239 5488